You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, or just grab the podcast RSS feed if you don’t use iTunes for listening to podcasts. You can also find past episodes of the Theme Playground WordPress Podcast on the podcasting page (as well as the classic MP3 version of the show), as well as on iTunes.
Episode #3 is also the first episode where J. D. Bentley joins the podcast, and discusses WordPress news and links with me. You can find him on Twitter at @jdbentley.
In this episode, we discussed:
- Where to find WordPress news, a Theme Playground post
- Prologue version 2 is on the way, and the new ThemePlayground.TV is built on the original Prologue
- The “Making a Living with WordPress” post discussed in this episode will be on Theme Playground next week.
- The Future of WordPress Themes was discussed yet again, from Theme Shaper
- J.D. ‘s picks: Photobook, a Plugin for posting your Facebook photos to your WordPress site, and WP Invoice for using WordPress as an invoicing app
- We also discussed Tweetsuite, a Plugin, and niche themes like Band Theme, a theme by Chris Coyier of CSS-Tricks
- My pick: WordPress Plugin Development Beginner’s Guide, a book by Vladimir Prevolac, which I’ll be reviewing next week
This was a really fun one to record, and I think J.D. and I both enjoyed doing the show live with a chat room open at the same time. Remember to catch each week’s live recording (tentatively on Thursday evenings) at ThemePlayground.TV.
Please feel free to send any emails you’d like answered using the contact page. Or, you can call and leave a message at my drop.io site at 917-512-7398 x 53563. I’ll play the message on the show and answer any questions you might have. Thanks for subscribing and listening!
Note: This podcast should now be available in both Enhanced (AAC) and classic (MP3) format. Let me know if you have any trouble with the feed and/or audio, and I’ll get it taken care of ASAP.