(Update: Podcast added to iTunes. Subscribe here.)
(Update: For those not using iTunes, you can grab the podcast RSS feed, on its own.)
After mulling it over for some time, I’ve finally taken the plunge and began publishing a WordPress podcast, called (of course!) the Theme Playground WordPress Podcast.
I’m pretty psyched about it, and have a long way to go before I’m going to be really proud of it. But we all have to start somewhere, right? I would greatly appreciate you taking a listen, and sending any feedback my way. Show notes after the jump.
Podcast episode 1 show notes
In an effort to maintain my sanity in posting show notes, I’ll adopt a bulleted list for links and things:
- The WordPress Plugin search engine has been greatly improved, as mentioned over at the WordPress development blog. The search engine is now being powered by a system called Sphinx.
- Matt Mullenweg’s “The First 100k users are the hardest”
- Slides by Andy Peatling on BuddyPress
- I discussed selling themes versus releasing them for free, and mentioned Brian Gardner and his Revolution theme project, as well as iThemes and Woothemes.
- Irresistable is a new theme release from Woothemes
- Compositio is a new theme release from Smashing Magazine
- CommentPress is a new theme as well as a new concept
- Nathan Rice begins making Plugins, and starts off with three nice ones
And as mentioned in the podcast, I would love it if you supported the podcast (and this blog) by checking out WPWebHost for your WordPress hosting needs. Their hosting is superb, and I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t think so.