The Thematic WordPress Theme is an amazing theme, back-end and design wise. First of all, I’m a sucker for dark colors, whitespace, and Georgia, so you can guarantee I fell in love at first sight. Thematic has all that bundled into a professional and classy design.
What Makes Thematic Special?
Even among all those “premium” news and magazine style WordPress themes, I’ve never seen such a complex and also organized back-end. I find it very interesting what Ian has done with it.
Installation & Usage
Like any other theme, Thematic is extremely easy to install. You just place it in the wp-content/themes folder and activate it via the admin panel. There’s also an options panel that allows you to configure some stuff for the theme.
- Continually advancing SEO optimization
- Ready for Subscribe to Comments, WP-PageNavi and Comment License
- Fully widget-ized with widget areas above and below the content—and even in-between
- A grid-based starting point based on the 960 Grid System
- CSS Reset and Typography based on Blueprint and Tripoli
- 3 Bulletproof sample Stylesheets
- The sample stylesheets are aligned to a strict 18px vertical grid featuring refreshing and sophisticated typography
- Built from the rock solid Sandbox, making it perfect for customization and marked up for customization
- Editable footer text
- Options for Multi-Author blogs
- Access to the dashboard for logged-in users that slides out of site when not needed
and more coming