It’s easy to see that WordPress is becoming possibly one of the best, and most popular blogging platforms. One way this is noticeable is in the vast and diverse range of plugins on the market.
One of the latest offerings from Erwin Terong, looks set to become highly popular.
What will they think of next? Golden socks? Self-Promoting WordPress installs? A Drupal integration for WordPress?
Unfortunately, whilst you can now easily integrate your CMS with WordPress, you can’t walk round with some super-bling ankle socks, while your blogs gains 100,000 page-views a second.
Why would someone offer such a plugin? Because, its useful. I can’t really think of any major corporate site, or company webpage, that doesnt have a blog. But, the systems used by the deep-pocketed industry giants will no doubt be custom created, expsensive solotions.
Now you can integrate for FREE. Providing you use Drupal (which is very good, I believe its based on Mambo right? Perhaps there is a possible Mambo and Joomla package on its way).
- Single sign on, once you logged in to Drupal, you also logged in to WordPress.
- Synchronize user profile data between Drupal and WordPress.
- Download Drupal WordPress module
- Extract this to your /sites/all/modules/ directory
- Activate this module in Drupal (Administer › Site Building › Modules)
- Configure this module in Drupal (Administer › Site Configuration › WordPress)
- You’re good to go!
Sounds very easy. Its a brilliant idea too, I mean, Drupal does have a blog module of its own, and people do use WordPress like a CMS, but they can’t be a jack of all trades, WordPress is the best blogging tool, Drupal is a major CMS.
Want to know more? Click here for more information:
Guest Author: Ben