The WordCamp Philly organizers have confirmed the addition of an academic panel to their schedule. This panel will be more of a hands-on workshop with direct interaction from speakers and instructors. The panel’s topic is Socializing Higher Education through Content Management Systems and will be hosted by:
- Bill Dennen, Web Technologist at Wheaton College,
- Matthew K. Gold, Director of CUNY Academic Commons at CUNY Graduate Center,
- Helen Hou-Sandi, Web Design Engineer at 10up LLC,
- Marie Selvandadin, Web Application Developer at Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarshop at Georgetown University, and
- David Shuff, the Associate Professor of the Department of Management Information Systems in the Fox School of Business at Temple University
This panel will take place during lunch in the main auditorium.
Last year’s WordCamp Philly featured a similar academic panel, which the organizers say was a big success. If you’re attending Philly this year, are you looking forward to the panel? And would you be interested in seeing similar panels at other WordCamps?