There is a plugin for pretty much anything you need to do with WordPress. If it doesn’t exist, it’s probably either on the way or another plugin can be modified to take care of that specific need.
ReciPress fits one of those needs. If you’re a fan of cooking, you might want to share a recipe or two. Instead of manually formatting these posts, just install ReciPress. Tammy Hart is the developer of the plugin, which marks her first real foray into the WordPress plugin world.
The plugin itself currently gives you:
- Custom meta box to create a recipe with a photo, title, summary, cuisine, course, skill level, yield, servings, prep and cook time, ingredients and instructions
- Sortable ingredient rows with amount, measurement, ingredient and note fields
- Ingredient suggestion, similar to post tags system
- Sortable, numbered instructions
- Custom taxonomies for Ingredients, Cuisines, Courses and Skill Levels
- Three basic recipe themes
- Support for themes with or without post thumbnails
- hRecipe optimization for SEO
Will you be using the new ReciPress plugin on your blog or project? What’s your favorite niche plugin?