It might have been a while in the making, but Jetpack 1.2 has finally landed. The biggest feature in the update is the addition email subscriptions which Scott Berkun calls a “surprisingly powerful feature” in the comments.
So the updated Jetpack plugin will allow anyone to subscribe to your blog posts via email through a sidebar widget. Each time a post is published, WordPress.com will send a notification to subscribers. The plugin will also allow for subscriptions to post comments, mirroring the functionality folks usually use Subscribe to Comments for.
Jetpack 1.2 brings a fair number of other features and enhancements as well:
- Improved user interface for showing new and updated Jetpack features
- Better support for other languages
- Smarter and safer Jetpack upgrades
- New shortcodes for VideoPress & Google Maps
- Added LinkedIn and Google+ buttons to Sharing UI
- Image Widget & RSS Links Widget
Alright, your turn. How did the 1.2
flight upgrade work out for you? Is there anything you’d like to see included in future versions of Jetpack?