Happy Birthday to us, happy birthday to us! Happy Birthday dear WPCandy, happy birthday to us! And many moreeeeee…….
It’s been a year since WPCandy was launched, and it’s been a great year at that. I’m pretty proud and excited that WPCandy has grown to where it is now. Let’s see what’s happened at WPCandy in the past year!
Some big stuff we’ve released/launched:
- The WordPress Help Sheet
- The Advanced WordPress Help Sheet
- The WordPress Template Hierarchy Diagram
- The WordPress Starter Theme Project
- Sample WordPress Content Collection
- WordPress Coda Clips Collection
- Unofficial International WordPress Day
- WPCandy v2 Redesign
- WPCandy v3 Redesign
- Launched WPCoder, our PSD-to-WordPress turnaround service
We’ve had a number of popular posts in the past few months. Here are some of the best:
- Automating My WordPress Workflow
- Five Ways to Familiarize Clients with WordPress
- Does WordPress Scare Your Clients?
- 10 Plugins to Better Improve the WordPress Admin
We’ve also seen an amazing surge in visitors since our whopping 2,681 uniques last October! Every single month since we launched we’ve seen a steady rise in traffic, topping 25,000 unique visitors in September. A few more notes on traffic…
- Alexa Rank: 139,183
- Technorati Rank: 5,311
- Delicious Bookmarks: 526
- Twitter Followers: 728
- RSS Subscribers: 2428
- 436,966 Total Hits
- 138,630 Unique Visitors
- Around 15,000 downloads on resources we’ve released
- We’ve also been mentioned and linked on sites such as Smashing Magazine, Noupe, Positive Space Blog, and Six Revisions.
- Gallery Sites: 159
- Total Published Posts: 366 (including this one)
I’d also like to thank kid genius, Dan Philibin. He’s been a huge help and great partner here at WPCandy. Even though he insisted I don’t mention him in this post, I did because he definitely deserves it! Most importantly, I’d like to thank YOU! We couldn’t have come this far without all our loyal WPCandy readers, subscribers, visitors, followers, etc.
To celebrate our first birthday, we’re holding a small contest for our readers. Leave us a congrats comment on this post and you’ll be entered to win a free turnaround from WPCoder! The winner will be picked at random and can give us one PSD to slice up into a theme at any time they want.
Anyway, it’s been a blast thus far – and we’re just getting started! Look for another announcement at the end of this month. Cheers to another successful year!
~The WPCandy Team