E-commerce is becoming more of a hot topic within the WordPress community. Given this realization, we’ve seen plugins like WooCommerce be released free of charge, among other great e-commerce plugins.
Envato, the company behind ThemeForest and CodeCanyon (just to name of a few of their properties), put up a bounty to plugin developers. They see a need for more e-commerce plugins to be available in their marketplace and they’re willing to pay to get those plugins up there.
Here are the details about the bounty.
- Date Posted: January 11, 2012
- Prizes: 20 winning files will get a share of $2,000 of prizes! 20 x $100 “cash” (payable via either PayPal or Moneybookers).
- Maximum Prizes per Author: 3
- Closing Date: February 11, 2012
- Files We’re Looking For: WordPress e-Commerce Plugins built for the following plugins:
- WP e-Commerce
- An item created and converted to another sub category is allowed! So for example, a Cart66 plugin converted to Jigoshop and WooCommerce has the potential to win $300 (presuming they are all one of the first 20 items submitted/approved of course).
- “Standalone” and “Other” plugins are NOT eligible for this contest.
- Envato Staff are NOT allowed to enter Envato’s Most Wanted. Volunteer Community Moderators ARE allowed to participate.
- Where Files Should be Submitted: http://codecanyon.net/category/plugins/wordpress/e-commerce within the appropriate sub category.
You still have another week to get your plugins in and capture up to $300 of that bounty.