Attention bbPress users: bbPress 2.1 Release Candidate 1 is now ready for your perusal. Release candidates are the last step between a new version and and the final release. While there’s still a good chance we’ll see an RC2 before the final version, this could very well be the last chance to give bbPress a once-over before the next major release.
Now, I’ll admit to not currently being an expert in what bbPress 2.1 will bring us. However, based on a cursory look over the enhancements marked for 2.1 in the bbPress trac I can say it looks like these features will be dropping soon:
- the ability to modify sticky attribute from the dashboard,
- bbp_forum_class, bbp_topic_class, and bbp_reply_class are pluggable,
- comment moderation using existing discussion settings is possible,
- enhanced theme compatabilitiy,
- oEmbed integration,
- more hookable areas pretty much everywhere,
- topic and reply edits are run through Akismet as well,
- the bbPress Twenty Ten theme files are now table-less, and
- wp_editor is in use.
There are others, of course, but those stood out to me as I skimmed the list. That’s not to mention a whole collection of bugs that have been cleaned up too.
By the way, I’m working on a roundup of plugins made for bbPress, similar to what I did for P2 last week. If you have a bbPress plugin that I should be sure not to forget, drop a reminder for it in the comments below.