This episode of the WPCandy Podcast sees Ryan, Brian, and Daniel discuss the most interesting news items of the WordPress community this holiday week. Grab a cup of coffee, maybe cocoa or eggnog, and enjoy the Christmas (Christmas, and Christmas) edition of the podcast.
This week’s podcast was a bit longer than normal (approximately 90 minutes) so the breakdown of topics discussed below also include approximate time codes, just in case you want to jump to a specific discussion that you care about.
Jump straight into the podcast audio here:
This is a bit of a long podcast, so to make things easier on you I’ve broken down what we talked about minute by minute. It’s just because we love you all so much:
- 1:45 What’s everyone building this week?
- 12:00 WPCandy Awards discussion
- 18:00 Quarterly update
- 20:30 Custom plugin header images (funny one)
- 29:00 BuddyPress activity admin screens and BuddyPress general discussion
- 36:00 WordPress for Android, mobile WordPress apps
- 45:45 WooThemes infographic
- 1:07:00 Theme Foundry post
- 1:14:15 Infographic again
- 1:17:00 Post formats and UI
- 1:21:15 Editor’s picks (see below)
This week Brian’s pick was the very recently released Gravity Forms add-on for the WooCommerce plugin (demonstrated), which he picked up yesterday. Ryan’s pick was the User Switching plugin, and Daniel opted out of picks this week.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes, or directly to the RSS feed. As always you can send any emails you would like to have included on the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Download link is just after the jump.