It’s Halloween weekend and we have a WordPress pumpkin in the links this week to celebrate it. We also have interesting bits to read, tutorials and resources to grab onto, and—well what are you reading this for? Get into the post already and nom nom on those links!
The full list of links is after the jump.
First, in notable blog posts this week:
- BP-Tricks posted an interview with Paul Gibbs about his Achievements Plugin and the future of BuddyPress.
- Brian Clark of Copyblogger Media was interviewed on The WordPress Podcast.
- Matt Mullenweg posted a picture of a WordPress pumpkin. Vitally important? Nope. But not everything has to be 🙂
- WooThemes published a new WooVille comic.
- Jeff at WPTavern posted about how WordPress projects are in large demand over at DoNanza.
- Mark McWilliams posted a nice preview of what’s coming in WordPress 3.1 custom post type archives.
- James Huff posted a review of VaultPress over on WBTC.
- Read about Scott Reilly’s first patch to WordPress, on Peter Westwood’s new site, Patches Welcome.
In tutorials and resources this week:
- Daisy Olsen posted a tutorial showing how to auto embed video in WordPress text widgets on the StudioPress blog.
- Josh over at North by North Interactive posted a nice walkthrough for creating a landing page template in WordPress.
- Eko at DynamicWP posted a collection of tutorials and resources for styling the comment section of WordPress.
- WPCandy’s own JD Bentley has put together a list of essential Plugins for blogging.
- Chris Coyier of Digging into WordPress posted a solid tutorial, showing how to build out a dynamic archives page.
That’s it for links this week. If you run across something link worthy, don’t hesitate to let us know about it. If it’s worth a story we’ll jump on it, and if it’s best suited for a community news post it will show up in this space next week.