We’re back with your weekly dose of WordPress community links. This week we have fresh interviews with community members, a funny WordPress/Drupal presentation (pictured above) as well as yours truly on the WordPress Community podcast talking about WPCandy and what we hope to bring to the community.
The links you’re yearning for are just after the jump.
- Jeff over at WPTavern interviewed Anthony Montalbano, the organizer of last week’s WordCamp Detroit. From the same event, there is also an interview with a couple of attendees.
- David Yeiser posted a very open, honest piece about his experience with Artisan Themes, which is now closed.
- Envato, a company that uses WordPress (and runs a themes marketplace) was featured recently on 37signals’ blog.
- Mashable interviewed Matt Mullenweg on “the key to open source success”.
- Chris Cree put together a list of 10 WordPress Plugins for small business websites.
- Chip Bennett posted a lengthy but interesting piece on the WordPress Theme Review Guidelines.
- Check out this week’s WordPress Community Podcast, with yours truly talking about WPCandy, our community, and what we plan on for the future.
- Andrea Rennick posted about upcoming changes to WordPress Multisite, including a new Network Admin screen.
- Honestly, most presentation slides aren’t very interesting to look through. But this one, pitting Drupal against WordPress, is funny and worth a look.
In tutorials this week:
- Randy Jensen put together icons in a sprite, along with instructions, to use when you add custom post types to your WordPress 3.0+ install.
- The Corkboard has a tutorial explaining how to set up a staff directory using WordPress and a few Plugins.
- Lance Willett put together a tutorial that explains how to enable automatic SVN updates with WordPress.
That’s it for links this week. If you run across something link worthy, don’t hesitate to let us know about it. If it’s worth a story we’ll jump on it, and if it’s best suited for a community news post it will show up in this space next week.