We have your weekly fix of WordPress links, as expected. This week a number of interesting conversations were started on blogs, and a few lists went up on sites mentioning WordPress people (even us!). There’s also a nice article in the bunch that introduces the idea of designing with WordPress.
Full list after the jump.
This week, in blog posts:
- Designer Daily posted 13 examples of what you can do with WordPress besides a blog.
- WBTC posted about the recently live WPHonors project.
- WPBeginner is giving away Themify themes.
- WPEngineer started a discussion about memory use in WordPress.
- WordCamp Detroit was considered a smashing success. See our coverage, and Jeff’s at WPTavern.
- Tammy Hart put together a nice intro to designing with, and using WordPress as, a CMS.
- Saikat posted a list of 10 worthwhile WordPress sites on MakeUseOf. We’re happy to be on it!
- Page.ly interviewed Joost De Valk as a part of their WordPress Heavy Hitters series.
- Dougal posted an interesting piece on WordPress and Drupal.
- WordPress pros are well represented in this “influential bloggers” list on Income Diary.
- Jeff Starr put up a nice walkthrough about customizing the WordPress Dashboard. While we’re at it, check out their tutorial from earlier this month on using Google Custom Search within WordPress.
- Joost de Valk walks us through edit_term_link().
That’s it for links this week. If you run across something link worthy, don’t hesitate to let us know about it. If it’s worth a story we’ll jump on it, and if it’s best suited for a community news post it will show up in this space next week.