If you’re looking to catch up on the week’s link worthy WordPress blog posts and community happenings, you’ve come to the right post. We have community blog posts, tutorials, and new WordPress resources this week.
Pretty blue links after the jump.
First, let’s dig into the new WordPress blog posts this week. Plenty of awesome stuff:
- Ozh commented on the state of Plugin directory pages.
- The Page.ly blog started up a new WordPress “Heavy Hitters” interview series. Their first interview is Alex King. While we’re on Page.ly, they also announced the launch of their partnership with Graph Paper Press. We covered the initial launch of their new partner program a few weeks ago.
- Leland over at ThemeLab weighs in on the opening of DevPress.
- Brad Williams shared thoughts on his experience at WordCamp Mid-Atlantic.
- WordCamp Portland posted a nice roundup of their speakers and presentations.
- As a followup to his editorial earlier this week, WPCandy’s Jason Pelker posted on his blog five ways he thinks ThemeForest could be improved upon. Jeff at WPTavern also compared the comments on ThemeForest to the complaints with the themes in the WordPress directory.
A few interesting WordPress tutorials popped up this week as well:
- John Metta posted a nice introduction to Github, specifically for WordPress developers.
- Jeff Starr posted a quick tutorial on creating your own shortcodes to speed up your blogging.
- Six Revisions has a solid tutorial explaining how to change the WordPress admin area using your
- Patrick Daly at DevPress (a newly launched site) posted a screencast showing how to install a WordPress theme.
Finally, a couple of new resources opened up recently:
- Derek Halpern posted a report on “nonverbal website intelligence” over at DIYThemes.
- A new website launched specifically to house snippets of useful WordPress code.
That’s it for links this week. If you run across something link worthy, don’t hesitate to let us know about it. If it’s worth a story we’ll jump on it, and if it’s best suited for a community news post it will show up in this space next week.