The WordPress Theme Review Team acts as the quality control for the WordPress theme directory. It’s a team that is entirely volunteer based, and is sometimes the subject of criticism from theme authors and the community.
I’m happy to publish this interview with Edward “Cais” Caissie, who has been on the Theme Review Team since June of this year. In the interview we discussed:
- The hardest part about being a theme reviewer.
- The most common mistake theme authors make.
- How the theme review process works, and what it looks like from their end.
- Why theme reviewers do what they do.
Full video and relevant links after the jump.
Links mentioned in the interview:
- Theme Review Codex page
- Theme Review mailing list
- WordPress Theme Trac
- Edward Caissie’s blog
- Edward Caissie on Twitter
- WP First Aid
Do you know of someone who would be interested in taking part of a WPCandy interview? Get in touch.