Is it December already? Time flies when you’re having fun, I suppose. That means it’s time to take a look back at November, in a feature we lovingly call WPCandy in Review.
We want to give you some insight into how the gears are turning at WPCandy, what direction we’re headed, and what worked and didn’t work for us.
This was another positive month. Let’s take a look.
November 2010 statistics
Our numbers aren’t what matters most to us, not by a long shot. But we have a few numbers to share, so let’s do that! The follow table shows October’s numbers first, then November’s numbers, so you can see the change month-over-month.
|Metric||October 2010||November 2010|
|Google Analytics||41,892 unique visits||50,877 unique visits|
|4,433 followers||4,704 followers|
|224 fans||277 fans|
|RSS/Feedburner||~6,500 subscribers||~6,900 subscribers|
|Comments||202 reader comments||503 reader comments|
We’re happy to see an increase, primarily in new people checking out the site.
A look at last month’s goals
As a reminder, our goals last month were:
- We plan to cross 50,000 unique visitors next month.
- We plan to cross 7,000 RSS subscribers next month.
- We plan to reach 750 themes in Theme Finder.
We reached the first goal, which was a growth in traffic by about 20%. We didn’t quite cross the RSS goal (see the chart above) but we’re getting closer. And Theme Finder is floating around 600 themes, so that one we didn’t quite hit either.
But we did do some other really neat stuff this last month:
- We launched the WPCandy iPhone app.
- We increased the rate of WPCandy theme and plugin reviews.
- Our community interaction increased, from around 200 reader comments in October to over 500 in November.
I’d say WPCandy is growing!
New goals this month
So where do we go next? A few new ones this month:
- We plan to cross 60,000 unique visitors in December.
- We plan to cross 7,000 RSS subscribers (but really this month).
- We plan to reach 700 themes in Theme Finder.
- We plan to see 600 or more reader comments, increasing reader engagement.
Can we do it? We shall see. Should we have other goals as well? You tell us.
How you can help
But we want your help too. We have a couple of projects going on right now that you can jump in on and help with.
We have the WPCandy iPhone app with its reverse launch deal right now. Anyone who purchases the app now will definitely show their support of this site.
We are also running the WordPress Users Survey right now (just started December 1st) and would love your help spreading the word on that. If you haven’t taken that survey yet, you definitely should!
Finally, how do you think we can improve WPCandy this month?